Step 1: End the Background Process in Task Manager
First thing first, Stop the background process in Windows. To do this, please follow this step:
1. Press the “Windows key” and “S” keys to open the search and type “task manager.”
2. When it will appear, right-click on the Task Manager. then choose “Run as administrator“.
3. When it opens, go to the details tab.
4. Presently, find out running app with the name Discord. Right-click on the first and afterward select “end tasks.”
Rehashed for the next one. All discord cycles will disappear.
Step 2: Uninstall Discord
Or on the other hand, perhaps you recently decided that you don’t care for it. What’s more, you’d prefer to dispose of it and take care of something different. Deleting Discord is a very simple process.
1. Right-click on the “Windows logo” at the bottom-left corner of your desktop.
2. And then click on “Settings.” It will open the system “Primary Setting Menu”.
3. Click on the “apps” option.
4. In the “Apps & Features” setting. Find the “Discord” app, or you can find it out by using an app search.
5. Select the discord and then click on “Uninstall.”
Read More: Discord No Route Error? How to Fix it?
Step 3, Remove All discord Cache Files From LocalData and Appdata
if somehow you went to a discord server and viewed an image that may not be your image. It may not be one you posted yourself. Simply you’ve scrolled down through, and there’s a picture. Their chances are that the picture has been cached onto your PC or its SSD or Hard drive.
So how would you dispose of it? All things considered, there are a couple of various methods to solve it.
1. Go to this little search box left-bottom of the window and type the text “Run.” Or Press “Windows Logo + R”.
2. Type in the search box “%appdata%“. And then Enter. After that, This should open a pop folder.
3. The Folder Name is “Appdata > Roaming.”
4. find the folder named “Discord.”
5. Right-click on it and Choose “Delete” from the contextual menu. It will delete the discord file.
One more file you have to delete from your Computer. which is called LocalData.
1. Let’s do the small process again. Go to the search box and type to Open the “Run” box.
2. This time, type in the search box “%localappdata%.” Hit the “Enter”. It will open a new folder called “Appdata > local.”
3. Find the discord folder again and Right-click on it, then again choose Delete. It will delete all discord temporary files from your computer.
Step 4: Update GPU file
We need to update the GP. close all the open apps.
1. Now press the “Windows key + S” keys to open the search again.
2. Type “CMD” in the search box.
3. It will show the Command prompt.
4. In the list, “Right-click” on it and select “Run as administrator”.
5. Now type the command “gpupdate%space%/force” (See the Picture) and Press “Enter.”
This completion requires a couple of moments to finish the process successfully.
Step 5: Empty the Recycling bin
Find your path to your recycling bin container and complete the uninstallation action by right-clicking and selecting the Empty recycling bin option.
So whenever you’ve gotten your recycling bin container emptied and all the other things have been uninstalled. Then you are good to go to the next step.
Read More: Discord Overlay Not Working? 100% Fix Method
Step 6: Check if the Antivirus Blocking the Discord File
It’s been very well recorded that certain antivirus applications have been known to target explicit discord installation files. What’s more, successfully stop them during the install interaction. or then again, this means the discord is that the product presently doesn’t get access to the files to finish the starting process.
There’s a simple method to determine this error, and it requires a basic antivirus to bypass this.
You need to go into your quarantine vault inside the antivirus programming. You were utilizing for. This model. I will go to download and install Avast apps to show you how it’s done on the free app.
So in us, it has a protection tab. What’s more, inside, we see a bunch of sub-options. So we have to find the virus chest. Once in a while, this is known as the quarantined area in all the antivirus programming.
In this antivirus chest, you are able to see all the app files that the antivirus programming has considered safe. Avast, for this situation, has quarantined those documents. This is the place where we need to go in and restore them. So in your quarantine folder, find any files that are related to Discord.
On the other hand, discord-related files will have discord in the name. So it’s not difficult to view. Where’s found, click those files and select restore. And add exceptions to do this for all files identified with Discord.
- How To Fix Discord Screen Share No Audio Issue [Mac,Windows]
- Discord Overlay Not Working? 100% Fix Methods
- [100% Solve] Discord No Route Error? How to Fix it?
- FIX: Discord Update Failed Loop On Windows And Mac
- Eunseo bot commands-How to Use Eunseo Bot?
Step 7: Reinstall Discord
you should be fine to redownload Discord and install it on your PC. In some cases, it keeps your login information. I’m not altogether certain where that is stored.
I think it may really be in your PC’s registry. yet, all the main files that are preventing you from correctly running Discord on your PC will be redownloaded and reinstalled once you download the Installer once more.
1. The first thing you have to do is, open your favorite Browser. I’m going to feel free to pick Google Chrome.
2. Click on the browser search bar. I’m going to type in something many refer to as discordapp.com.
3. This is the thing that you will see an all-in-one and text chat for gamers that is free and secure. What’s more, it works both on your Smartphone and PC.
4. So click on Download for Windows.
5. Save it to any place you like and afterward once you run the Installer file.
Each and every one of your files ought to be updated If you have any broken stuff or buggy files. It ought to be gone, and afterward, you’re allowed to go around and examine discord at your relaxation.
Step 8, Run As Administrator
There are many approaches to running an application as an administrator on Windows 10. Also, this works with many applications.
1. What you have to do is right-click on the Discord app, and then a contextual menu will open.
2. And then select where it locates ‘Properties.’
3. And this will show up a pop-up with all the properties for that app. Now, make sure you are in the “Shortcut tab“.
4. Alright, presently go to the bottom and click on where it locates the ‘Advanced’ option.
5. Presently, it’s quite clear what to do. Click the checkbox that says ‘Run as administrator’ and afterward click on ‘OK’ to confirm everything.
Also, presently, we should open the discord app to check if it is working fine. if you getting any other problems, such as discord audio or sound problems. Check the solution here.