Install Windows 11 Official: Microsoft is edging towards Windows 11. as it’s fully marked windows 11 in this build. Microsoft will probably try and pass it off as a new operating system. When really under the hood, it’s perhaps just windows 10 with a facelift.
First came the rumors, then some leaked screenshots, then some leaked videos. And now, an entire installable build of Windows 11 has been launched. And you better believe that I installed it to try it out. So, precisely, I am going to explain the installation guide in this article.
If you want to go right to the part, please follow the below process on “how to Install Windows 11 Official” step by step.
Will Windows 11 have the same system requirements as Windows 10?
Requirements for Windows 11:
Approximately 64 GB or larger storage device – or more depending on data storage needs
Memory: 4 GB RAM or more
TPM: Trusted Platform Module (TPM) version 2.0
System firmware: UEFI, Secure Boot capable
Display: > 9″ with HD Resolution (720p)
Graphics card: DirectX 12 compatible graphics / WDDM 2.x
The following system requirements are recommended for optimum performance:
Approximately 64 GB of available hard-drive space – or more depending on data storage needs
4 GB RAM or more
2.0 GHz dual-core processor or faster
1680 x 1050 screen resolution or higher
Upgrade Windows 10 to Windows 11
TPM is basically a trusted platform module. it’s basically hardware security for your computer. it’s all got to do with like data encryption, a decryption, authentication and generally stuff like that. you don’t require one of these to run windows 10 and earlier. but with windows 11 microsoft has made, it a point that if you want to upgrade to windows 11, you do need a TPM.
Quick Scan for Upgrade Windows 10 to Windows 11 Compatibility
Utilize the PC Health Check application to check whether your present PC meets the necessities to run Windows 11. Provided that this is true, you can get a free update when it carries out.
1. It is an official announcement. Go to windows’ official site. Click on Learn more button. It will redirect you to the windows11 main page.
2. Scroll down to the bottom on “Get Ready” section. Click on Download App.
3. After it downloded. install the “PC Health Check app”.
3. Next, Open the App. Click On the Check Now Botton.This app lets you know that is your PC’s health condition, is your system suitable for install Windows 11 or not. AS you can see on the picture, it shows, “This PC can run Windows 11”.I meet the minimal requirements. so i get the message that the operating system will install on this particular computer.
I meet the minimum requirements. So I can see the message that the operating system will install on this computer only. If the application tells you that your hardware is compatible with windows 11, that’s it. There is nothing else you need to do. When the time comes, you will receive a notification on windows update to get it manually. Also, you should know how to roll back from windows 11 to windows 10 if you are getting problems on windows 11.
Let’s, Install Windows 11 Official Using ISO File
System Requirement For This Windows 11 Installation Guide
- You will need an 8 gigabyte or higher capacity usb stick.
- A desktop or laptop pc.
- At least two gigabytes of ram.
- A decent processor on your existing machine.
- Download a copy of balenaEtcher or Rufus.
We’re going to look at experience to perform a clean installation on windows 11. this is not only a tutorial rather this is a demonstration to showcase the visual elements and the new process to install windows 11 on your computer. I am going to showing you the installation process as well as some customization for windows 11.
Step 1, Download WIndows 11 iSO File
Visit the window’s official site. And Download the latest Windows 11 iSO file. The download should be roughly 4.5 gigabytes . And the iso file you download should have the same name as shown in the picture I downloaded.
Step 2, Create Installation Media
As you know earlier, with this Windows 11 ISO file, you can make several types of installation media, which all contain the exact same copy of windows. But we are not going to burn this ISO file to A DVD, because not every computer has one these days. On the other hand, burning CDs is Hard, time-consuming, Costly compared to making a simple USB Bootable drive.
1. Here, We are going to use a USB drive. meaning a flash drive that contains a bootable Windows 11 setup. Because most of the computers nowadays come with a USB port.
2. Download balenaEtcher from the official site. Install it and launch the software.
3. Click on the “Select Image” option > Now browse to the Windows 11 ISO file and select the ISO image file.
4. Click on Select Drive option > browse and select your USB drive. (Most of the time this software automatically detects the external USB Drive).
5. Last, Click on the “Flash” button to start. wait a few moments to prepare and set up your bootable usb depending on the speed of your computer and usb stick. This could take anywhere from a few minutes to about 15.
Once that is done. Now your flash drive is becoming a USB DVD. Go to the next step.
Step 3, Connect USB Drive and Restart System
So, let’s install the OS on as many PC’s as you want, So plug the USB drive into the computer that we want to install the windows 11 on. and restart or turn off the computer. Once you can see your PC is completely turned off. So let’s begin the next phase.
Step 4, Boot USB Drive From BIOS
Most Important part, So as soon as it is powered on again or restarted. When you see your brand logo or motherboard logo. Press the BIOS key on your keyboard. let me freeze it for a second.
For some PC’s the bios key would be F12, for some it’s “Delete”, and for me it’s F2, Maybe yours is F2 as well. I suggest you find your bios key first, by simply trying hitting each one of them while you are booting up, or simply search on Google.
NOTE: In my case, I am using a DELL machine. If you are using any other company, make sure you need to boot the computer from the USB drive. The first thing that you know, your computer will need to be a UEFI bios type computer to run this. So please enable UEFI and TPM 2.0 options from bios. so, basically what happens is older computers have bios which is the basic input output system.
1.Once you Press the bios key. You will boot into your bios menu: AKA, UEFI, BIOS Utility.
2.In the bios, you can’t use your mouse to perform any action. Instead, you have to use your keyboard.
SOME IMPORTANT BIOS KEY USES:
- To navigate through bios use “Arrow keys”.
- For choosing an option use “Enter”.
- To go back, use “Backspace”.
- To quit from the bios use “Escape”.
- As well as to “Save and exit”. you can use the “F10” key.
Once you are in the BIOS. go to Boot Options. Here you can see different boot options.
1. From the “UEFI device priority”. You need to change the “1st boot device property”. Simply “Enter” on this option.
2. You can see a list of boot device options. Simply Select the “UEFI USB drive” as the first boot option. For my case it is “UEFI: Sandisk.” Once you do that. Go back to the “Boot options” menu.
NOTE: Make sure your Boot drive is selected as a UEFI type.I mentioned above of this section.
3. Now you need to “Change the Boot Order”. In the “Boot Priority Order” list, select the USB drive which is the Windows 11 iSO file located. You can Enter on the 1st boot device option. and then select the UEFI USB drive from here.
2nd Option, many people have other Options to set Boot Priority Order using the UP and Down method.
- Press the PLUS [+] key to move the order to higher in the boot list.
- You can use the [-] key to move the order to lower in the boot list.
4. Once it’s selected. Press F10 to save all the changes. Now it will start to boot.
6. Doesn’t matter, if you have used the BIOS or Boot manager. you will see this screen asking you to “Press any key to boot from USB or DVD”. So press some random key on your keyboard. and it will boot up the windows installation setup.Now, go to the next step to Install Windows 11 Official.
Method 2 For BIOS Setting (You Can Skip This Method If Above Method is Works),
So first, you need to find the boot menu and then find the boot device property or something sounds familiar. For me, it’s UEFI BOOT.
NOTE: All the bios are different from each other depending on their motherboard manufacturer. Now you can see in the picture is the bios of a Dell laptop.
Which don’t have the option called “Boot device property,” but you will see the option if you are using a desktop or some other laptop?
3. So make your first boot device as a “USB Storage device” from the boot device properties. If you are using a Windows DVD to install, I suggest you choose “DVD Drive”.
4. Once you have done that, “Save and exit” by pressing the “F10” key. For most of the PC’s they only need to do this step.
5. But for some devices like this Dell laptop, it has an option called “Boot manager”. If you have the boot device property in your Bios, you can skip this one. Now simply choose “USB Storage Device”.So you can press F12 to get to the boot manager from the bootup screen.
Attention! For this particular computer, there is no option (Called “Boot Device Property”) to change the first boot device in bios, but it had an option called boot manager, which is not bios exactly, but we can access it from the boot up screen (Only if your computer has one) by press the boot manager key (which is F12 for this PC). And we will show you the boot manager part in a second (It may be helpful if you have the same procedure to choose the boot device). And we are explaining this bios part only for all the other computers that are not doing this (Changing boot device) via the boot manager but through bios. So follow the bois part if you have a boot device property option.
Step 5, Install and SetUp Windows 11 Official
As you can see we have just booted up into the Windows 11 installation setup. So let me walk you through. The new installation screen is a big improvement over the options for Windows 11. you can see the new logo in this Windows 11 build.
There are still some legacy ui elements left over including this ui which has been present since the introduction of windows vista at this stage of the installation process.
NOTE: Before that make sure you are plugged in and connected to a stable power source. as well as Make sure that you have at least 90% battery left on the device.
1. On the windows Setup screen, we must first need to Choose a language to install, choose your “Time and currency format, “ and finally the “Keyboard or input method,” for me, all the default would be fine. So let’s go ahead and click on the Next option. If you find any error like “This pc can’t run windows 11”. check link,how to solve this problem.
2. Now, click Install now, and it will start the installation setup. Now it is asking you to enter the product key to activate windows. If you have one, use it here, or you can do it later.
If you have a windows 10 key that will work here as well. it will accept the exact same key format. so your windows 10 product key can be used to activate windows 11.
3. In case you don’t have one. Click on “I don’t have a product key”.
4.Next screen, you can see all the different versions. It looks like they’re keeping the same name and convention like home,Pro education,WIndows Pro, pro for workstations, that sort of thing. i’m just going to select “Windows 11 pro x64”.
5. Now, it will show you the Microsoft terms and conditions to use their software, so scroll down and check the “I accept the license terms” box. Now click on Next,
6.Next, From here choose “Custom: Install Windows only” Option.
7. You need to set a new fresh install with a new partition created. And then click on Next.
8. Okay, The next screen is very familiar, it looks exactly like windows has since vista, so you need to let this go through. Wait until the installation process is completed.
NOTE: Once it’s done this it should reboot automatically. if it hangs don’t restart the computer. just let it do its thing. because it is still working in the background.
9. Alright,Once you are done. you’ll be presented with the new windows 11 out of box experience. we can see the UI has changed. So choose your Country or Region. And Click YES.
10. Select Your Keyboard Layout. I’ll be selecting the USA.
11. Then windows 11 will go through and check for updates from microsoft.Let it be updated.
12. You’re going to be prompted to log into your Microsoft account. You can create a local account instead. So simply enter in your Microsoft account email address and password, and you’ll be able to move on to the Next step.
Or you can actually use an Offline account. Click on “Sign in options“. and here you need to choose an “Offline account“.
13. Next, Click on the “Limited experience” option. I don’t want a local account. Type Your Name > Click Next > Type Password > Click Next > Select “Security Question” and Type Answer. Click Next.
14. On the Privacy screen click on the “Accept” button. If you want to turn off any option here, please read first as you need.
15, Lastly, it says it’s gonna get ready and take it into the desktop.Enjoy. Please us your feedback on Install How Windows 11 Official.
People Also Ask
What will be the features of Windows 11?
Some eminent highlights would be a presentation of Fluent design, Cortana improvements, New task changer, the new control center(notification center), feature updates to the edge, and many more changes.
Generally, the entire design is being contrasted, and Windows 10X, the OS Microsoft, won’t ever finish. It was principally intended to offer better ease of use with contact displays and dual-screen gadgets to equal Chrome OS. Rather than being a totally new form of Windows, it’s anything but a more refined adaptation of Windows 10.
Simplified user interface for users
Multi-app support through snap features
Rather than delivering an altogether new and different version of its System OS every three years, Microsoft is adopting an Apple-like strategy to resulting Windows releases.
Will Windows 11 be a free upgrade for all Windows 10 users?
The Windows 11 update would be free for Windows 10 clients for smooth progress. Nonetheless, if a client is as of now utilizing Windows 8, upgrading to Windows 8.1 would make them qualified for Windows 11 free update.
Windows 11 Release Date
At Microsoft Build 2021, Satya Nadella announced to us that he has been utilizing the “next generation of Windows” for a while during his feature discourse.
A Microsoft occasion is planned on June 24 at 11 AM ET and 08:30 PM IST based on what is known up until this point.